Thursday, March 7, 2013

2013 Thus Far

Eel River
So far the new year hasn't rung in too many good days on the water.  Utilizing the catalog of information in my brain on certain spots hasn't worked that well this year.  I'm choosing to blame it on the usual suspects (i.e. flows, weather, conditions, lack of skills, etc.).  Anyway, that leads me to my next point.  When conditions are tough, its a great time to scope out other areas and build upon that catalog of information.  Despite the fact I personally haven't had any truly great days on the water yet, I can say that I have fished a lot of different water.  This includes places where I have never been before or have only fished once prior.  That's also the beauty of the sport.  Having a great day but not catching a single fish is still very enjoyable if it's spent on great water with good friends.  Exploration and the search will always keep me thirsty.  Here are some photos from the beginning of the year.
Eel Fog in the Morning
Morning Run
Tight Loop
Striper

When things are slow, its also a great time to hit the vice.  Whether it be new patterns to try or just restocking, time at the vice can be enjoyable.   

Yuba Skwala
Stoneflies
River Sample
Duck Quill Wing Epeorus
Moving Violation Spey


Daniel and I have been working on some more tying videos as well.  In case you haven't seen the latest two, here they are:
The CCG Egg


The Dead Drift Crayfish


We're working on some killer bass stuff and should have a new one out there just in time for topwater season!  Stay tuned...


As always.....get out there and explore!

Stay fly, 

T

No comments:

Post a Comment