Saturday, January 23, 2010

A Series of Unfortunate, yet Fortunate Events

Photobucket
First off, I'd like to say happy birthday to my main man Daniel who turned 25 today! Since it's his birthday today, of course we had to go fishing. That's where the story begins......
Photobucket

The game plan was to head to the honey hole on the Stanislaus and continue catching a bunch of fish like usual. Well, we show up and park and pop the trunk and something is missing......my rod. Yes, you read that correctly, I had my boots, waders, and vest, but somehow forgot my fly rod. So then we moved on to phase two, which was driving home, grabbing my rod, and going to the Tuolumne instead. We executed plan two, got to the Tuolumne, put on our waders, put our poles together, and then I realized that I left my fly boxes with my fly tying gear that I took to the shop on Thursday......at this point, I was seriously thinking "WTF"...........

Well, luckily in my gear bag I have a few boxes, my steelhead flies and my "junk flies." (Junk flies meaning ones that are poorly tied/ones that are falling apart from being used). So I ended up just fishing with those. The Lower Tuolumne has always been a tough river for Daniel and I to figure out. We've only landed two fish there between the both of us. Albeit Daniel's fish was a 20-incher though. So needless to say, we don't expect much when we fish there and that's how the first part of the day started off. Then suddenly I felt a fairly soft take turn into quite a mighty pull. I saw the fish jump once and then realized I might need some assistance for the land. So luckily Daniel made it over and netted this nice bow!
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment